Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default Balancing a fan

On Sat, 15 May 2010 04:59:52 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

The team used a technique using oversensing and SVD (singular value
decomposition) sometimes used in aerospace guidance & control systems.
It worked! At least a dozen patents were spawned.

Then politics and corporate infighting rendered the project
stillborne.

Reminds me of a company I used to work for. There's a reason I dropped the
huge salary job and now farm for a living.

Karl

Weird how that works. One time I was installing a new electronic
device in everyone's cubical. This area was pretty high security in a
bureaucracy and the women administrators were gathered together
discussing if I had clearance to be there. I held up 8 fingers and
stated this is 7and then the inverse. The head one turns to the rest
and said he's clear.

If anything made sense something was fishy.

There must be a good book on this subject, somewhere. One that
explains why people throw ball bearings into open gears, pull petty
power trips, create computer viruses, establish frivolous red tape,
give false directions, ect.

SW