Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Balancing a fan

On Fri, 14 May 2010 22:16:49 -0700, Winston
wrote the following:

On 5/14/2010 7:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2010 07:13:46 -0700,
wrote the following:

On 5/14/2010 7:07 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I got so much help on my sprayer, I'm trying again...

Full time investigation and part replacement has me working on this theory
of the problem cause: The squirrel cage fan is out of balance.

I bet you can whip one of these up in no time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBzviKTPMrg

That's a static balancer, Pooh. He probably needs dynamic balancing.

I 'spect that if the cage were in balance statically,
it wouldn't exhibit any pathology in application.

Yes? No?

How the hell do you answer that question with a y/n? Sheesh!

Wrong, sorry. It can and does in reality. I found that when I worked
at the body/frame repair shop with a Hunter balancing machine for
auto/truck tires. You can balance to static perfection and still have
a very noticeable OOB condition due to dynamic imbalances, which rip
the spinning object out of a smooth axial path and beat the bearings
to an early death.

Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change.

*Then* get tossed out on your can.

But there's still less evil in your world as a result of your actions.
Painful justification, wot?

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal