Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

On May 15, 12:12�pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 15, 2:18 am, Jim Yanik wrote:
aemeijers wrote om:

harry wrote:
(snip)
You have to make a start somewhere. There's something mentally
defective about anyone who thinks they need to carry/posses a gun to
impress people. They have made a start in Australia I believe.
And it has NOT been successfull.
After enactment of their "strict gun control",there was little change in
crime,in fact,it's been increasing. Same goes for Britain and Japan.

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by
forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected
behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals
to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

We made a start in the 1920s.
and it only made things worse. Like everywhere else.
Gun control hasn't worked in ANY nation on Earth.

I have no interest whatsoever in impressing people, and do not carry a
gun off my property, since this state requires a carry permit for
handguns, and I never got around to dealing with the red tape to get
one. I don't hunt, so there is no need to carry a long gun anywhere. I
purposely bought a house in an area where guns are not carried as a
fashion accessory or manhood enhancer. (My office, sadly, is in such an
area- I do not like going there late at night.) I don't display them on
a wall or anything, or tell anyone about them unless they ask, and then
not always, because I'd rather not advertise that my house is worth
robbing. Guns are a tool, nothing more.
exactly.
It's not about "impressing" anyone,it's about having the means to defend
yourself and others if necessary.
Reasonable people recognize that police are not always around to protect
you or your property,and that they take some time to arrive when called,and
that YOU have to take steps to do it yourself,within the law.
Reasonable people recognize that trouble can strike in many public places.

and for most people,a firearm is the best tool for the job.
It can be used by almost anyone to successfully defend against
bigger,stronger,or more numerous attackers,with the best chances for
success and with the least risk to ones self.
One cannot always run,flee or retreat to a "safe place" until police can be
called and they actually arrive. Nor can any reasonable person expect a 90
lb woman to fight off a 200 lb male,or several attackers with any other
weapon or by unarmed combat methods. Not everyone is physically capable of
that or by using a knife or club against another person or persons in self-
defense.

But the EVIDENCE has shown that using a gun gives you the best chances for
successful self-defense.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Commonsense tels you if you start a gunfight somemight get killed.
You are just spouting NRS drivel.

Damn Harry, how much Guinness have you quaffed this morning? Your
sentence structure just went all to hell. I know you're better educated
than that, what would your old headmaster say?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

I apologise. You are right about the grammar, I was rushing. Also
came to the keyboard late in life! :-0 I have trouble with my
wireless link from time to time too.
I don't drink beer. Horrible taste. I'm told yours is even worse. :-)