Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome

Bruce K. wrote:

Discovered 1/2 inch hole in my Weber Grill dome.

I have a Benzomatic torch, but would like a simple way to repair hole
before I repaint.

Get your angle grinder out & grind off the rust- back to where the
metal isn't rusted. At this point you'll likely have a large ring of
clean steel. Throw it out-- along with the rest of your old grill &
go buy a new one.

For about $100 you can get a Char-griller from Lowes. Mine is 6
years old & I just ordered a new warming rack and charcoal rack for
mine. They were $60 with shipping- but my cast iron grates and the
barrel are still like new- so it was worth it to me to keep the
seasoned grates and cake of flavor that is on the inside of my barrel.

Jim