Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2010 19:25:19 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

harry wrote:
(snip)
You have to make a start somewhere. There's something mentally
defective about anyone who thinks they need to carry/posses a gun to
impress people. They have made a start in Australia I believe.
We made a start in the 1920s.

I have no interest whatsoever in impressing people, and do not carry a
gun off my property, since this state requires a carry permit for
handguns, and I never got around to dealing with the red tape to get
one. I don't hunt, so there is no need to carry a long gun anywhere. I
purposely bought a house in an area where guns are not carried as a
fashion accessory or manhood enhancer. (My office, sadly, is in such an
area- I do not like going there late at night.) I don't display them on
a wall or anything, or tell anyone about them unless they ask, and then
not always, because I'd rather not advertise that my house is worth
robbing. Guns are a tool, nothing more.

A local Senate candidate, one of a dozen, was asked about her
"concealed" carry of her .44 Cal S&W.

*It's up to me and for the bad guys to find out - words like that, she
replied.

She carries concealed, but Nevada is an open carry state. She can
prance down the Las Vegas Strip with a firearm belted on her side.

The Sheriff of Nottingham _MUST_ allow it.

I hear you, but in general I put blatant open carry in the 'lifes too
damn short' category. Many years ago, Bob Greene wrote about a fellow in
Chicago that wanted to force a test case about open carry, and promptly
got arrested. The law on the books is one thing, and the actual law (as
enforced) is another. Unless you have DEEP pockets for lawyers and bail,
you will not prevail. I have a hard enough time living my life of quiet
desperation without going out and looking for trouble just on principle.

Unfortunately, my office is a no-weapons zone once you cross the
perimeter (unless you have a badge), and I'm not about to leave a weapon
even in a locked vehicle in that part of town, so even if I did get a
carry permit, it would not do me any good on late-night call-ins. That
is the only nasty part of town I ever have to go to when there aren't
crowds around.

--
aem sends...