Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Balancing a fan

wrote in message
On May 14, 5:17 pm, " wrote:
On May 14, 10:07 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Are there any home brew methods? Or other suggestions? Its built so
solid I don't think I'm looking for a minor imbalance.

Karl

Jim Pentagrid recently posted about how he balanced a bench grinder
using a small computer speaker with a lump of clay added to turn it
into an acceleromete
I will try to find the thread for you.

Dan

Orthoganol balancing - twinwheel grinders July 2009

Dan

I've been driving around St.Cloud today. Found a place that balances
flywheels and drive shafts out of large earth construction equipment, My
dinky 40 horse fan with only a two inch shaft is a toy for them.

Anyway, I'll tear the whole machine down to indivdual parts. Then I can
recheck runnout of each individual component also. probelm is, i know I'll
find runnout when I check this accurately.

Karl