Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default What is a good solvent to remove permanent marker on plastic?

wrote in message
m...
Judy Zappacosta wrote:
The kids scribbled on a plastic outdoor item and I'm amazed the permanent
marker hasn't been removed by the alcohol nor by the gasoline soaked rag.

What's a good solvent to remove permanent marker on outdoor plastic?

My husband used a green 3M scrubber to remove perm. marker from a painted
wall...to my amazement, there is no sign of dullness on the wall
afterward. Good 'ole Ben Moore alkyd paint )

I use a Sharpie marker to mark freezer packages...couple of times the
marker has bled purple onto the kitchen counter when it got wet while food
was thawing.

norminn
I have done that also on Formica counter top. Diluted bleach will clean it
up or use full strength bleach. ww