Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default How to Clean Concrete Garage Floor

"SMS" wrote in message
I have new tenants moving into a townhouse I own, and the garage floor
looks bad after 27 years of oil stains etc. I tried pressure washing it,
but it really made no difference since I guess the oil has soaked in.

What are the options here? Paint, those garage floor squares? Or is there
a chemical cleaner I should try?

yes.....it was around 1975 or so when I was still in high school (showing
my age here) and we were hired to paint a 2 bay garage floor that had
hydraulic vehicle lifts etc where they did oil changes. We used straight
(sulpheric acid) battery acid to lift years of oil stains and stiff bristled
push brooms...rinsed down the drain with water...probably went through three
pairs of old jeans...I remember we painted the floor green...and yes the
paint stuck to the floor for years...probably is still green to this
day..... Jim