Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Seagate 160GB IDE drive suddenly invisible.

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 13/05/2010 21:26, ian field wrote:

My own experience with Seagate drives has not been good!

A while back I bought 2x 400Gb drives from Maplin, it was a while before
unpacked them so there's no chance of returning them.

How long ago? The drives will have a warranty with Maplin, but if the shop
staff act like the stupid berks they normally are, you should be able to
ship them back to Seagate. You can check warranty status on their web
site.

More than a year had passed by the time I unpacked the first one, might have
been more than 2.