Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default Polytics.

On 14/05/2010 10:42, Bruce wrote:
And who is building windmills with no subsidies?

That's a fair point. But if the Chapmans and Bloomfields of this
world are to be believed, nuclear is so cheap that it needs no subsidy
at all.

Bruce is sounding more and more like Dribble these days.

When the two nuclear consortia build their four new nuclear stations
without government subsidy, you can say that you proved me wrong.

But that ain't gonna happen. They won't start building until they
have agreed a very large subsidy, because the economics of nuclear
power simply don't add up.

You can say they do add up, as often as you like, but it is wishful
thinking. I also wish it was true. Unfortunately, it isn't.

So you keep on saying but it isn't me you need to convince. It is the
likes of:

http://www.raeng.org.uk/news/publica...Commentary.pdf

And it will take more than an opinion unsubstantiated by facts to
persuade them that they have got it wrong.