Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default Polytics.

On Thu, 13 May 2010 23:07:09 +0100, Roger Chapman
wrote:

On 13/05/2010 22:19, Bruce wrote:
But, in the medium term, I think the tidal stuff and
some offshore wind farms[1] offer a good solution.

Agreed. But with any intermittent supply, such as wind or tidal,
there has to be additional pumped storage so that the power can be
re-generated when it is actually needed, rather than when the wind
blows or the tide flows.

And where pray are you going to park your pump storage schemes?

You tell me. You're the self-appointed expert after all!

Am I?

I pointed you at a web page that suggested you were wrong about the cost
of nuclear v windpower which you ignored.

It is the same propaganda that has been produced by the same vested
interests since the late 1950s. It was wrong then, and it is still
wrong.

It's like asking people to believe Alastair Campbell - Dodgy Dossier
and all that. It's just a pack of lies, no more and no less.