Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

harry wrote:
On May 13, 12:54?pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
Jay Hanig wrote
:

On 5/13/2010 3:51 AM, harry wrote:

If no-one has a gun, no-one gets killed with a gun.

there's no such place anywhere on Earth.
in EVERY nation,criminals have guns.

BTW,police and government often "LOSE" guns.
The US FEDGOV is missing over 1000 of their guns(circa 2003),some
full auto machine guns. Police have them stolen from their patrol
cars.

Also,guns are the great equalizer;
they permit the weak,elderly,handicapped or outnumbered to defend
themselves against bigger,stronger or more numerous attackers,with
the best chances of success,and with the least harm to themselves.

Would you expect a 100 lb woman to fight off a 200+ lb man attacking
her?
Or your grandmother?

God made men. Henry Colt made men equal.

Leaving gang-bangers out of the equation, there are far MORE defensive uses
of handguns than there are assaults by their use.

I personally have had to throw down on three mopes in the past ten years
that probably intended to do me harm. It's quite possible that I'm alive
today because some squint with a tire iron decided a bullet could close the
twenty feet between him and me faster than he could throw.

It's not productive to compare the UK and the US. In the US, we have a
culture that praises the gun. There are almost as many guns in the US (240
million by some estimates) as there are people. In my state, Texas, there
are MORE guns than people. We love our guns. We buy them presents. We trick
them out with all sorts of accouterments. We hand them down from generation
to generation. We give them pet names and celebrate their birthdays.

Guns may be anachronistic and serve very little purpose, but we dote on
them, respect them, and defend them with all our might. Sorta like the
monarchy.