Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , aemeijers wrote:
[...]
get rid of the 'forbidden fruit' factor

Yep. When my boys were toddlers, I told them that they were not to handle the
guns alone, but any time they wanted to, all they had to do was ask, and I
would get the guns out of the cabinet -- one at a time -- and we would look at
them *together*. About once a year, they'd ask. And I'd put down whatever I
was doing, open the gun cabinet, and show them the guns. They're both safe and
responsible hunters now, at ages 22 and 18.

Yepper. Nobody in my family ever hunted, but we all learned to shoot
before the age of 10, when we could hold the .22 single-shot without
assistance. Guns were No Big Deal, just something else to move out of
the way from behind the door when you were cleaning or painting. Of
course, back then, you could just go out in the country and plink into a
hillside, and nobody gave a damn. Now, you'd be hearing sirens before
you got through the first 50 rounds, unless you have your own acreage
big enough to disperse the sound.

--
aem sends...