Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On Thu, 13 May 2010 19:25:53 -0700 (PDT), saber850
wrote:

So the "working" monitor stopped working today w/ the same symptoms.

I warned you. Unfortunately, this one good guess does not make up for
all my other screwups.

The only difference is that it has remained in this malfunctioning
state all day--the longest I've ever experienced. I can't help but
wonder if there's some truth to the theory that this is contagious.

This is the way rumors and religions are started.

Fortunately, I ordered 2x the caps a couple days ago. So hopefully
the problem is in fact the caps and I'll have both fixed soon.

Good move by planning ahead. What else can go wrong.... Well, work on
one monitor at a time, so that you have the other board as a sample
for which way to insert the capacitors, and where the connectors and
screws are located. It should be easy (famous last assumptions).

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS