Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Very NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier

On May 13, 7:40*am, wrote:
Hi

* * I did not list the different methods I tried, *starting with different
weights on top, insuring that everything is "tight" inside, checking
the rubber mounts used by the compressor, *different small carpets
for it to sit on, and many other techniques.

* * My latest attempt, I used two boards with holes near each end and
long threaded rods (with nuts, flat & lock washers) through the holes in order
to squeeze the sides (boards against sides) of the cabinet. *So far (one day),
it seems to work, but other methods I tried in the past seemed to work, but
only for a while.

* * Since this cold spell hit us, the dehumidifier is turned off. *I will have
to wait until warmer weather comes back before I use it again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *John

On Fri, 07 May 2010, you wrote:
Hi,

* * I bought a Whirlpool model AD50DSS2 dehumidifier. It is a very NOISY
(vibration noise) dehumidifier!

* * A service man came. *He thought he fixed it, but later the NOISE was
back.

* * The dehumidifier's cabinet "amplifies" the compressor's vibration. *A
call to Whirlpool was no help at all.

* * I am a ham radio operator and found out from other hams that I am not the
only one that has a NOISY Whirlpool dehumidifier.

* * I would like to hear from others with the same problem.

* * * * *Thank You in Advance, *John N3AOF

PS, *Remove "ine" from my email address- Hide quoted text -

You don't say if the noise is compressor-related, or fan-related.