Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

aemeijers wrote:

-snip-
If there was some way to magically make ALL the handguns vanish, at the
same time, I would agree with you. (and along with the guns, the
knowledge to make them- any half-competent machine shop can turn out a
servicable weapon in a couple of hours.)

Machine shop? We didn't need no steenkin' machine shop in the 60's! A
bit of copper tubing, a clothespin, a nail & a block of wood. Was good
enough to shoot frogs & rats.

-snip-
young set. Instead of getting hysterical about guns, maybe they should
give all 8th-graders a week of instruction at a shooting range? Take the
mystique out of it, make them understand it isn't like TV- people don't
get up and go back to life as normal after being shot, make the boys
understand a gun does NOT make their genitalia any larger, safe
handling/storage procedures, get rid of the 'forbidden fruit' factor,
etc? Nah, that would never fly. Just because training and education work
to make operating other mechanical devices safer doesn't mean it would
work with those EVIL guns.

It's a pleasure to see someone sounding off with a bit of reason
guns. The whacks from both sides of that argument get *way* too
much press.

Jim