Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What is a good solvent to remove permanent marker on plastic?

ransley wrote:
On May 13, 10:32 am, Judy Zappacosta zappajNOS...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid wrote:
The kids scribbled on a plastic outdoor item and I'm amazed the permanent
marker hasn't been removed by the alcohol nor by the gasoline soaked rag.

What's a good solvent to remove permanent marker on outdoor plastic?

You tried alcohol a different type wont help, Laquer thinner may help
but if its in the plastic maybe not. google for soultions, google
still works.

There is a reason they call it a permanent marker. Unless you can fade
it out with bleach (which may still weaken it), I suspect any solvent
that will work, will leave the plastic in a fragile state with a rough
surface. They make spray-paints for plastic. Just out of curiosity, what
is it? If it something dirt-cheap like a plastic chair, I'd just demote
it to far-backyard use and forget about it.

--
aem sends...