Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MIN DISTANCE FROM EDGE OF SINK TO NEAREST ELECTRIC OUTLET

On May 13, 6:18*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I am helping an elderly lady get her house ready to sell. *There is an
electrical outlet in the wall about 26 inches from the nearest point
of the sink. *I know it has been mentioned here many many times, but
I'm too tired to go scratching around. *What is the minimum distance
from the sink to an outlet that is not Ground Fault protected?

Thanks,

Any non dedicated above counter outlet within 6 feet of an open water source
must be GFIC protected. *A sink counts.

I am not sure why all the other posters felt the need to be so difficult.

And yes a home inspector is going to cite it as problem even if the house
150 years old.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

Colbyt - Thanks for the first straight answer to what I thought was a
straightforward question.