Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default MIN DISTANCE FROM EDGE OF SINK TO NEAREST ELECTRIC OUTLET

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On May 13, 5:15 pm, "RBM" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I am helping an elderly lady get her house ready to sell. There is an
electrical outlet in the wall about 26 inches from the nearest point
of the sink. I know it has been mentioned here many many times, but
I'm too tired to go scratching around. What is the minimum distance
from the sink to an outlet that is not Ground Fault protected?

Thanks,

The more interesting thing is that by current code, if that outlet is 26"
from the sink, you'd need another one 2" from the sink.

The current outlets are nowhere near as dense as current code, but the
house is80+ years old. I know any home inspector will want GFCI's
near the sink, but you did not say what that minimum safe distance is.

There is no minimum distance. An outlet can be right up to the sink