Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What is a good solvent to remove permanent marker on plastic?

On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:32:43 +0000 (UTC), Judy Zappacosta
wrote:

The kids scribbled on a plastic outdoor item and I'm amazed the permanent
marker hasn't been removed by the alcohol nor by the gasoline soaked rag.

What's a good solvent to remove permanent marker on outdoor plastic?

This product has 5 versions, for various uses. I've used #2 to get
permanent red maker off painted doors.

#3 states:

..."Works On:

Ball Point Pen & Inks • Permanent Markers • Nail Polish • Hair Dyes •
Newsprint • Pencil Marks • Stamp Pad Inks • India Ink • Correction
Fluid • Fountain Pen Inks • Highlighters & More!"

Safe on plastic.

http://liftoffinc.com/product-ink-remover.php