Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default HD lumber prices

On 5/13/2010 9:12 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:
On May 13, 8:50 am, Jules Richardson
wrote:
Have lumber prices gone up significantly at HD stores country-wide? I
just went into our local one last week and OSB seems to have doubled in
price, with many other wood products also showing significant price
increases.

Maybe they're going up all across the industry? I know I'd read reports
of supply and demand problems pushing up prices in Europe as of a few
months ago.

(sorry if this has been discussed to death here and I just managed to
miss it :-)

cheers

Jules

I have not looked lately but osb does fluctuate a lot based on
demand. Other lumber usually less so. Bummer if you need a bunch
right now.

I was talking to a kitchen appliance
person at Lowe's that I have come to
know. He said that prices at Lowe's