Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is a good solvent to remove permanent marker on plastic?

Years ago, I marked my name on the back of a workman's bump
cap. To my disapointment, the ink got into the plastic, and
totally refused to completely wipe out.

Other than alcohol or gasoline, the next tries might be
mineral spirits paint thinner, or finger nail polish
remover. Please try a small bit on a cotton swab, so you
don't melt the whole plastic item by accident.

Outdoors, fresh air, not while smoking, not while using hair
dryer in bath tub, operating bulldozer with guards removed,
or cutting electrical cords with hedge trimmer. Usual safety
rules apply.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Judy Zappacosta"
wrote in
message ...
The kids scribbled on a plastic outdoor item and I'm amazed
the permanent
marker hasn't been removed by the alcohol nor by the
gasoline soaked rag.

What's a good solvent to remove permanent marker on outdoor
plastic?