Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to shrink heat shrink tubing?

In article ,
Ron wrote:

Geeezus, all this waffle - one huge thread to avoid buying a heat gun!
A cheap one will do, fifteen quid, that`s twenty bucks, and you can use
it for other stuff like paint stripping.
Why **** about with hairdryers, dodgy modified soldering irons or gas
lighters when you can get the proper tool for so little money?

Ron(UK)

Yeah, thanks for saying that, Ron. A room full of so-called
professionals and they're all cobbing together makeshift tools. I've got
three different heat guns at work, and they're all in the over $100
range. For a homeowner who uses shrink tubing once per year, I can see
the toaster or bic lighter approach, but for someone who makes money
with his tools, ****, buy the damn tool already.