Posted to alt.home.repair

Default String trimmer spool that won't keep "breaking"?

On May 12, 8:16*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
mike wrote:
On May 11, 12:25 pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

I don't disagree that the bump and feed is problematic. *****es me off
regularly. *But I have not found a reasonable alternative. *The
precuts aren't any good unless all you trim is out in the open. *If
you have to work against concrete or brick they just get eaten up too
fast.

The pre-cuts would be of no use to me then, as I have a brick
foundation. I suppose I could buy a second trimmer attachment to have
ready to go when the string gets caught in the spool. Too bad no one's
invented a bump head that works reliably. I still wonder what the
"pros" use--landscapers who trim every day. Do they just carry spare
trimmers around with them?

The bump-head that came with my Echo trimmer 20-something years ago
still works great. *It takes .095" string and feeds out two strands.
* The only thing that really eats it up is trimming against a
chainlink fence.

Bob

Yea, I'm using a big head that feeds 2 strings as well. The bigger
heads seem to work a bit better. Still not perfect but better.