Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to shrink heat shrink tubing?

Geeezus, all this waffle -- one huge thread to avoid buying
a heat gun! A cheap one will do, fifteen quid, that`s twenty
bucks, and you can use it for other stuff like paint stripping.
Why **** about with hairdryers, dodgy modified soldering
irons, or gas lighters, when you can get the proper tool for
so little money?

Because the OP doesn't use heat-shrink materials on a regular basis, and
even 15 quid isn't justifiable. I waited years to buy one, and got it only
because it was $10.

But I agree in principle -- too many UseNet questions are elaborated to
absurdity. The Yiddish words are "tsimmes" (stew) and "megillah" (a long,
drawn-out story).