Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - new political idea

"anorton" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Since the people that want religious freedom can't agree with the rest
of the nation, why don't we just split. Those wanting religious freedom
can have their own country to run the way they want. Then they can see
if God blesses their country that acknowledges God. Maybe their
constitution can declare that their government not establish a church
but exclude "Separation of Church and State". Maybe they can have a
pledge of allegiance that says "One nation under God" and put "In God we
Trust" on their money. Maybe they can be free to place nativity scenes
on public property, post the Ten Commandments, and have a Bible in their
schools.

I believe God would bless such a nation, I believe it would become a
great nation. But then, others would see how blessed that nation is,
and they would want to come in and enjoy the prosperity but not thank
the God that blessed it. Those who don't believe in the things that
made the nation great would infiltrate it and destroy it from the
inside. They wouldn't be part of what made the nation great, they would
be part of what destroyed the great nation. Just like it happened in
the USA.

RogerN

I am aware of exactly three countries today that will meet your needs:

The Vatican
Israel
Saudi Arabia

Take your pick - They are all good countries for those who believe

So, according to Roger, it looks many of the founding fathers are the ones
that destroyed this country. They clearly would not pass his litmus test:
http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?id=6177

No, the problem I have is with those who took what the founding fathers
wrote and changed the meaning of it. Such as Thomas Jefferson, one of the
least religious of the founding fathers, attended church services in a
government building and gave government money to missionaries. Do you think
the ACLU would have a problem with that today?

RogerN