Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Polytics.

Falco wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
'The Deal' looks good to me.

That is all....

Problem is, "that is not all", nor does "the deal look good" - from what I
heard on the early news this morning William Haig has said that there are
plans afoot to "pass a law" preventing the dissolution of this coalition of
idiots for the next 5 years.

This was not repeated a far as I can tell in later news bulletins, but if
that statement is actually true - what's to stop this coalition of spinning
capitalists bringing out laws preventing parliamentary elections per se?
Now that *WILL* be the start of a dictatorship in this "fair" land of ours,
eh-what old bean!!

I think its bot quire as simple as that. It is as I understand it, more
like a binding contract between the two parties.

But I might be wrong..

The purpose is for the duration of this parliament, to ensure stability
and continuity. Mindful of the fact that we have some very very
difficult times ahead in the next 2-3 years, and that people with no
brain will be crying out for communism shortly, in the vain belief that
coming off the debt drug will be any better if nursey simply injects
them with crack, and lets them run riot on the streets.

WE were always heading for some form of police state under Laber. This
isn't exactly a military dictatorship alternative that has replaced it,
but I agree, its in that direction.

I believe it to be the lesser of two evils.

And they have just announced the "abolition" of the Identity Card plot - but
I wonder what deeper thoughts they have for the Proletariat - a George
Orwell's 2084 (rather than 1984)?

The concept of a Proleteriat only exists in the minds of the Left. With
luck, it will be dead ad forgotten in 5 years.

The Tory vision, partly shared by the LibDems, is to give power and
responsibility *back* to the population, not to necessarily impose
anything more than the bare minimum of crap from on high.

This is not the replacement of a Marxist state with a Fascist state.,
Its about the orderly deconstruction of the State itself, in its
present form, before it falls apart entirely under its own spiralling costs.

If you like, the real Labour project was to build a State to do
Everything. It was an impossible fantasy. The Tory vision is to build a
new economic engine that can actually generate wealth, rather than
simply spend it. I suspect the LibDEms want to make sure it gets spent
as carefully as possible, but are mindful of the fact that you cant
spend what you dont have, and that before you can spend money, you have
to actually eran it. A concept the Left has never ever understood.

Far fetched - maybe, but things for those of us earning less than a couple
of million pounds a year don't look that good at all - especially as it was
those *******s that got us into the mess that we are in!

If you are in the private sector and on less than 30k things should be a
little better in terms of income, and a bit worse in terms of inflation.
Overall probably neutral

The real losers will be the marginal public sector workers. Telephone
sanitisers and community lesbian liason officers on 65k. They will find
themselves on the dole probably, and on a pretty restricted dole probably.

Six billion pounds of cuts to come - now I wonder where that is to come
from, certainly *NOT* from the pockets of the likes of Ashcroft and his ilk?

Some will, I can assure you. No one is making money out of this. Apart
from Tony Blair, of course.

I read on the 't internet earlier today that a Lib-Dem council in deepest
Wales has increased the cost of burials by several hundred pounds per grave
to try and claw back some of the cuts already taking place there - and that
is just the f*****g start!!

Well that's reasonable. No worse than an inheritance tax.

Oh! But that very same council is spending a fortune on the golf tournament
that's taking place there this year - a matter of priorities eh? Now *THAT*
*IS* the lib dem/tory ethos in reality.

No worse than gay lesbian afro caribbean drop in centers.

The Tory plans are that in general such councils will in time, be able
to raise their own money by local taxes, have a fairly free hand to
raise and spend as they like, but no longer be able to depend on the
central state for funding, and no longer able to evade responsibility
for their actions with their local electorate., That's what all eh
peoples power bit is about. If you don't like it, vote the *******s out,
stand for local election yourself, and manage your own budgets yourselves.

If it looks like local councils actually will have the power to do more
than rubber stamp central government decisions, I am sorely tempted to
do just that.

Falco