Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default OT - new political idea

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Since the people that want religious freedom can't agree with the rest of
the nation, why don't we just split. Those wanting religious freedom can
have their own country to run the way they want. Then they can see if
God blesses their country that acknowledges God. Maybe their
constitution can declare that their government not establish a church but
exclude "Separation of Church and State". Maybe they can have a pledge
of allegiance that says "One nation under God" and put "In God we Trust"
on their money. Maybe they can be free to place nativity scenes on
public property, post the Ten Commandments, and have a Bible in their
schools.

I believe God would bless such a nation, I believe it would become a
great nation. But then, others would see how blessed that nation is, and
they would want to come in and enjoy the prosperity but not thank the God
that blessed it. Those who don't believe in the things that made the
nation great would infiltrate it and destroy it from the inside. They
wouldn't be part of what made the nation great, they would be part of
what destroyed the great nation. Just like it happened in the USA.

RogerN

I am aware of exactly three countries today that will meet your needs:

The Vatican
Israel
Saudi Arabia

Take your pick - They are all good countries for those who believe

So, according to Roger, it looks many of the founding fathers are the ones
that destroyed this country. They clearly would not pass his litmus test:
http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?id=6177