Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default Are professionals happy doing part of a job?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I asked them to replace a seal after I replaced a CU about 11 years ago.
They have a flag in the customer record to ask the meter reader to do it
on next visit. A couple of years later I reminded them, and this flag was
still set, even though the meter had been read several times. 11 years
later, and they've never bothered. Actually, another electrician has
just added a second CU and pulled the fuse in the process, so it is
quite handy it has never been resealed, in spite of asking them more
than once. I guess they don't much care.

They seem even less fussy here. Our meter was recently replaced and the
fitter just snapped off the plastic lugs for the seals on the fuse and
terminals so now there's no way of fitting any seals.

--
Mike Clarke