Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default a simple pvc question

Pete C. wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Charlie"
wrote:
I was assembling a little adapter to make tying a garden hose into
an irrigation system. I picked up to parts. Pvc slip to hose end
male and female.

They were both marked "outdoor use only".

Why? It doesn't make any difference to me because they were going
outside, but it made me curious.

Who uses a garden hose indoors?

Anyone draining their water heater, hydronic boiler or similar.

draining my fish tank.

emptying a water bed.

when laying saltillo tile, saturating them with water can prevent them from
sucking the water out of the grout and staining the tiles. i've watered my
living room tiles using a hose (it helped that i replaced the baseboards
with cut saltillo tiles).