Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Replacing old garage door remote

"Harlan Messinger" wrote in message

Thanks to you and everyone, this confirms what I just found: there's a
website at www.hammerwall.com that has all kinds of product manuals
stored as PDFs. For my opener it has the following. Now I wish I hadn't
spent money on the new remote (which I've already completely removed
from the box).

The newer style remote is good for several reasons. First the newer style
gives you greater security, and a lot of newer cars come with built in
remotes that the new reciever can be trained to use. So if you end up with
one of those cars someday you can forget about clamping the remote to you
visor.

Also the newer style has accessories like wireless outside coded remotes
where you can punch in a code and open your door, very convinent if you want
to put away the lawnmower or forget your house keys.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.