George

Default How do I use my wood stove?

Working on the basic Mother Earth News estimate that a cord of average
hardwood is equal to 150 gallons of fuel oil, wood seems cheap at the
$60/cord delivered price. Folks on propane backup _really_ prefer to tend
their stove.

Wood really does warm you several times, but I'll forgo the first two -
felling and limbing - in favor of delivery.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Silvan"
Not to mention all the sawing, splitting, stacking, sawing, splitting,
stacking, sawing, splitting, stacking...

Boy, burning wood used to suck.

If you get "free" wood, not so bad, but if you must buy it, oil is not all
that much more, Used to burn 3 to 5 cords a year. My wife is no longer

able
to help due to her health. I find it very easy to turn the knob on the
thermostat.
Ed