Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Tool Holder Question: AXA16 vs. AXA16N

On 2010-05-10, Searcher7 wrote:
On May 9, 1:01 pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

[ ... ]

BTW I do have an AXA12N that I will be experimenting with.

That is a start. It is half of a AXA-16N, so you can check how
it works for you for turning. What it won't do for you is facing. That
is what the other end of the 16N does.

Enjoy,
DoN.

one more point - I have both genuine Aloris and chinese clone holders for
the BX tool post - the genuine Aloris is vastly better - properly hardened,
better screws, etc - I don't see any reason to justify the cheap junk except
posibly for the BXA-1 and BXA-2 holders which are pretty simple - for
anything else, get the real thing in the proper size for your tool post.