Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Second anniversary

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
They say the urge to smoke disappears after 12 years or so. I think
I'd enjoy a smoke right now but I can't do that anymore if I care to
live a while longer.

I can patently say this is not true. I'm an alcoholic for the smokes.

Light
one near me and its almost torture. I avoid bars etc. This time I'm smoke
free for sixteen years. Last time I was smoke free six years. I hosted a
last work day/bachelor party for a good employee. On the second six pack

of
beer, I bummed a smoke. Bought a pack when I went to town for more beer.

And
a carton the next day.

I have a friend that is a casual smoker. He will smoke several on the
weekends if he is hoisting a few with his mates, but come Monday morning he
walks away and doesn't seem to miss them.

Drives me nuts that the nicotine that keeps me puffing away would have so
little affect on him.

I will quit someday and not go back.

--

Roger Shoaf