Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
wrote:
Put the hole in the tip over the exposed lead, add a bit of
solder then when it all melts, push the button on the vacuum
and move the tool in a circular motion around the pin. Turn
the vacuum off after you've removed the tool from the lead.

Circular motion? Won't that tear up the pad? If I don't get all the
solder in the first suck, I add some more solder and/or flux, get the
joint hot, and suck again. Flux is the key as you can't suck dross.
Moving the tip around the joint just seems to make a mess and more
dross.

I like to think of it as "circling the drain". Obviously
you don't press down on the pad, but I've found that doing
this circular motion makes all the difference in the world
sucking up enough solder to get an empty hole and exposed
lead.

The other Jeff.
(I haven't mailed the Symbol junk yet. Sorry.)

No rush.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com