Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Second anniversary

I'm sad to hear you've had medical problems. But, glad
you're in better (than before) health, and that you're
enjoying life. Congratulations on overcoming dificult odds.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Don Foreman" wrote in
message ...
It is my second smoke-free anniversary. I can't take credit
quite yet
because I was in medically-induced coma for five days and
then had
other discomforts that distracted my attention from nicotine
withdrawal. Helluva way to quit, but it worked. I rejected
the
Chantrix that was thrust upon me quite strongly in hospital,
because
the potential side effects worried me even in my stressed
sit. I was
surprised when my cardiologist agreed upon later in-hospital
consult,
said "you don't need that" and endorsed my rejection of that
hospital-enouraged course of treatment. We got that call
right. That
cardiologist read me five by nine. I kicked cold turkey, he
somehow
knew I could and would do that. Right on, Dr. Bankwala!

They say the urge to smoke disappears after 12 years or so.
I think
I'd enjoy a smoke right now but I can't do that anymore if I
care to
live a while longer.

Most heart attack survivors proclaim resolve to do what they
must to
survive longer, but surprisingly few retain that resolve for
more than
a few months.

I'm still walkin' my 3 miles every day. I prefer walking
outdoors
whenever possible. It was possible today, though I did get
rained on
a bit. The spring rain smelled wonderful and I had me
Gore-tex jacket
over tee-shirt so I was comfy with light rain, light wind,
temp 59.
Being cold and wet purely beats the hell out of being dead.

Mary isn't yet up to full speed but she's getting stronger
every day.
She's already out helping others. She's incorrigible.