Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioner circuit breaker trips

One of several choices.

1) you have a mystery electrical problem
2) Your breaker is weak
3) The system is overloaded for some reason, and drawing too
high of current.

Did it trip the single breaker to the air handler, or the
double to the outdoor unit?

--
..
"A.Taylor" wrote in message
news I live in Dallas and the weather has been very nice until
today. Today I
decided to use the central A/C, the unit ran without
incident for maybe 20
minutes than the circuit breaker tripped. I reset the
breaker and 10 minutes
later again the circuit breaker tripped (The a/c was cold
before the breaker
tripped and returned cold after I flipped the breaker). What
is going on
here?

I believe I have a heat pump unit (you know the one that
gets cold but not
as cold as someone with a regular unit). Thanks in advance.