Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BRASTO BRASTO is offline

Default SANSUI AU-D55X protection Light

On 10 mei, 18:16, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2010 06:57:21 -0700, Brasto wrote:
I have a Sansui AU-D55X amplifier which when pressing POWER-ON shows a
RED Flashing light labelled Protection. The light will flash aprox 10
times in 5 seconds before the speakers are switched on and sound is
heard.
The Amplifier performs flawlessly in all functions and outputs selected.
I just donot know whether such a delayed start is normal or not, more
over as the original owner stated that it behaved that way since day
one....

I like the idea of ...If it ain't broken, do not fix it, I have no
Operating Instructions so I am not sure.....it could be a self test?

Most protection circuits wait a few seconds for voltages to equalize and
then allow the speakers to be connected to the amplifier. I would say the
5 second delay is perfectly normal.

OK, friends most of your advices and comments reinforce my idea that
there is really nothing wrong with my amplifier.
In the meantime I checked as a precaution the DC-offset at the speaker
terminals and the Bias setting driving the Main.
All measurements indicated no anomalies, so I guess it is safe to
state that a blinking PROTECTION light at start-up of my Sansui AU-
D55X is a NORMAL indication provided the speaker relay is activated in
~~5 seconds...

So..If it ain't broken, I cannot fix it....

TY
Brasto