Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Best insecticide

Matt wrote:

I wonder whether you can understand that the book being crap does not
imply that DDT is safe.

The good that DDT was doing was immense, provable, and demonstrable. The
allegations against DDT in the book were apocryphal, unscientific, and
insupportable. Millions, literally, have died because of reliance on
"feel-good" environmental action.

Sort of like the drivel being peddled by Al Gore and his gang of
envirofrauds,
today.

Do you suppose that if Al Gore peddles drivel, it implies that people
should be free to go on dumping CO2 into the air indefinitely?

Absolutely. The amount of CO2 in the air is roughly in the same ratio as the
chalk outline of a football referee's body after he was stabbed eleven times
by irate fans responding to three consecutive bad calls against the home
team is to the entire field, end zones included. The amount of CO2 being
added to the atmosphere is likewise equivalent to the increasing size of his
blood stain as the ******* bleeds out.

One of the tenets of "Quality Control Thinking" is this: "I don't care what
you BELIEVE. The only thing that counts is what you can PROVE." The "good"
of additional CO2 - from machines that drive industry - is provable to a
middling-quick child. The "belief" that something's amiss is pure
conjecture.