Bob Davis

Default Proper speed for drill press?

I keep mine set at 1440 rpm most of the time. This seems to be a good speed
for using standard drill bits. If I use a larger size hole saw, forsnter or
spade bit, I slow it down considerably.

Bob

"Ksu93dlv" wrote in message
I just got my first drill press the other day as a Christmas gift. It's a
Grizzly G7944 12-speed floor model drill press. To adjust the speed, you

have
to open the top and move the belts on the three pulleys, which seems like

a big
pain. Is there a "standard" speed I can set it on for drilling wood? I

tend to
work with softer woods, though it's not out of the question that I may

drill
some oak or other harder woods from time to time.