Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Grout or Caulk at shower/tub line?

On 2010-05-10, harry wrote:

better still there exists soft plastic "angle piece" with a fin that
goes under the bottom tile and rests on the tub.

Do you have a link to an example? Sounds like an interesting
solution. Are there still joint in the corners?

Cheers, Wayne

Should one fill the tub with water before applying caulk/silicone/
whatever?
I've heard that's good to avoid vertical cracking.

I didn't, because my tub is adequately supported and doesn't sink more than
an insignificant fraction when filled with water.

For OP: use caulk at the tub/tile transition, and at every wall change of
plane (if tiling the walls). Grout is only used between individual tiles in
the same plane.

Jon