Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_7_] Matt[_7_] is offline

Default Best insecticide

MIB wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

But why was DDT banned? As I recall, laboratory rats, when force-fed
five pounds of DDT per day, developed distended bellies and became
lethargic. There was some evidence that the Star-faced mole (who
doesn't REALLY have a face) developed teats when DDT was used in its
environment.

DDT is still used around the world. It was banned in the U.S. by the
first director
of the EPA, out of spite, when the court cases against its use were
lost. These
cases were brought after some idiot of a wench used anecdotal evidence and
shear BS in a book detailing the horrors of DDT. Pure, unadulterated crap.

I wonder whether you can understand that the book being crap does not
imply that DDT is safe.

Sort of like the drivel being peddled by Al Gore and his gang of
envirofrauds,
today.

Do you suppose that if Al Gore peddles drivel, it implies that people
should be free to go on dumping CO2 into the air indefinitely?

Just curious.