Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

On May 10, 9:38*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On May 8, 11:28*am, "

wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2010 07:22:12 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:
On May 8, 2:47?pm, Tony wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
So I'm watching CSI:NY the other night. The CSI's determine that there
is a body buried in a concrete slab at a construction site.

One of the characters is Dr. Sheldon Hawkes. Here's his character bio:
"Hawkes is a Medical Examiner with the NYC Office of the Chief Medical
Examiner (OCME). He was a child prodigy who graduated from college at
eighteen, and by 24 he was a fully board-licensed surgeon."

Guess what? Hawkes is also pretty good with one of these:

http://www.arpielleequipment.com/pro...ges/cc6500.jpg

To extract the body and take it back to the lab, Hawkes gets behind
one of those bad boys and cuts a perfect rectangle around the body..
These CSI guys can do anything!

They take the huge slab back to the lab and Hawkes begins to extract
the body with - ready for this? - a Dremel tool!

I was laughing my arse off.

When that show was new they actually used real professionals input and
advice to make it realistic. ?That didn't last long.- Hide quoted text -

Ah so that's the reason!
I have to say that during my visit to America (I visited an internet
friend in Iowa) everyone was very kind and generous towards me.
It was explained to me however that this would be true in the South
but folks on the East and West coasts were nasty. * Is this in general
correct?

The South and Midwest are generally friendly, the West more indifferent than
nasty, the Northeast is decidedly nasty. *Liberals (A.K.A. progressives) are
nasty people.

Oh, I don't know about that. *The engineer in the office next door is
proud to be
a liberal, wishes we had socialized medicine (his wife is a doctor).
Nicest
guy I know.

Nice, perhaps, but certainly dumb.

A much nicer person than I am, although you'd probably call
me dangerously liberal, too. (I don't care what consenting adults do
in
private--including the privacy of the doctor's office, I realize

I bet you *love* ObamaCare.

that
the
government is the best solution to some--but not all--problems, and
I don't want them to waste money doing it.)

You don't want them to waste money doing what they are the the best
solution for? I agree. The federal government has no authority to
touch "health care" and they certainly are not the best solution,
being *the* problem.