Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Surgeons and crime

Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 6:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have heard that the "gunless UK" has a high crime rate.
Because criminals are fearless, in the face of unarmed
victims, and laws which protect the criminals.

Military folks choose to join the military, with the
military medicine. The rest of us would prefer to make our
own choices. And Uncle is rapidly moving to make all our
medical choices for us. Most people I know oppose socialized
medicine.

Apparently, most people you know never experienced socialized
medicine. It's the only medicine I've known for 40+ years, and as
someone who was trained fully civilian, engaged in private practice
fully civilian, practiced military medicine, and have been the
recipient of military medical care (and the National Health Service in
Scotland when I took ill during a vacation), I have only high praise
for "socialized medicine."

Is your medical infrastructure run by Affirmative Action morons like
the government run health care in the U.S.? It will get worse unless
the current congress is kicked out and this nonsense of Obamacare is
burned at the stake and buried in a deep pit.

TDD

Who do you think runs the military medical system? Ans: The Department of
Defense, part of federal government. I suspect that your wish would be that it
would be run by Halliburton, having taken it over from Enron, BP, or another
fine, upstanding private corporation.

Anyway, there is no such thing as THE government, just as there are no THE (name
any group here). You are stereotyping. And, there is no "Obamacare". What
Obmama did, to the consternation of liberals, was stay out of the details and
encourage the Congress to compromise and develop the plan. That's why your
government will continue to be banned from negotiating drug prices for Medicare
Part D and there is no public option in the current new law. It is NOT Obama's
plan.

Additionally, I would like you to say with complete honesty that when and if you
ever turn 65, you will never sign up for Medicare for the remainder of your
life. After all, you want no involvement of the government in your medical care.

And what in the world does affirmative action have to do with health care? Get
a grip!