Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Surgeons and holy rollers

harry wrote:
On May 10, 8:13�am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 10, 3:33 am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Tony wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Next time you're in the states, please try to visit a Pentacostal or
Baptist congregation. Some of them are a lot of fun to watch. Others,
more subdued.
I'm in Baptist country. Scary! For example a nice friendly billboard
sign they put up. It's all black with white letters and reads "Believe
in Jesus or LIVE IN ETERNAL HELL". Just a friendly little reminder as
you enter their town.
I love my Southern Baptist cousins, they're so much fun to tease. I
can say "hello" to a Southern Baptist woman and she's offended because
"hell" is a swear word and "O" is a sexual reference.
TDD
BTW, we have Pentacostals and Baptists here but they seem fairly sane
insofar as any religoius nut can be regarded as sane.

I come from a multi-species family. Roman Catholic, Jew and space alien
on one side, Southern Baptist, Southern Methodist, Druid and a group who
worship some sort of fungus that glows in the dark on the other side of
the family. I have a right to pick on anybody because they're relatives.
I often explain to people that I have no fear of terrorists because as a
small boy, I had Irish nuns for teachers. Nothing scares me except for
an irrational fear of giant albino penguins.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Fungus that glows in the dark?????????????Tell me more!

They are from the Hillbilly side of my family. My ancient
ancestors from that side of the family "The Cavebillies"
used the glowing fungus to illuminate their caves and
underground temples. The fungus provided them with light
and a supplementary food source that was believed to impart
magical powers upon those who consumed the most since the
excreta of the people who ate the most would glow brightly
for many days and was an excellent fuel for cooking fires.
The worship of the fungus could best be compared to the
worship of the sun by similar ancient people. When the
mobile home was invented, most of my Cavebilly progenitors
left the caves to live on top of the hills thus becoming
Hillbillies. Unfortunately, many chose to stay behind in
the caves and continue the old ways. They are a skittish
bunch who are rarely seen in the open during the day. They
are often spotted at night carrying their brightly glowing
scat lanterns while hunting for coon and possum.

TDD