Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ATSF Steam locomotive # 3751

On Sun, 09 May 2010 09:29:26 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote the following:

danmitch on Fri, 07 May 2010 09:52:57 -0400

Anyway, my point was that it usually takes much longer to fill a steam
tender today than it did when proper RR watering facilities were
commonplace.

It would take even longer if you had to do it with buckets. Even
"back in the day."

Somewhere I recall reading that civilization was really all about
moving water to where people wanted it. The rest is commentary.

I think we can pretty much scratch FEMA off the civilized list, eh?

--
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her
or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and