Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Way OT Baling wire?

wrote in message
Reist Welding and Manufacturing in Elmira Ontario (they were Hesson
dealers at the time) were mounting balers to the back (mounted right
to the combine frame) of White and Massey combines back in the late
sixties/early seventies. I think they did a couple John deere units as
well, but I'm not sure (I worked for a White dealer at the time)This
was before the big bales were common - and it would spit roughly 70 lb
bales of straw out the back like water-melon seeds.

Since the last time I was on a farm to see this done, late 60's, that makes
me not feel like a complete MO.

I am willing to admit that it might have been a baler towed by a combine but
I swear standing wheat went in the front, seed was loaded to a hopper and
bales were pooped out the back.

So, thanks for your post.

Colbyt