Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C efficiency question

Takes a bit less electricity when it's colder out. How much,
I'm not sure. Probably not enough to worry about.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message
OK, it was chilly last night, went down to 47F.

House stayed above 72 with no heat.

Temps will be up in the 80's today.

I normally keep the windows and doors closed due to
allergies.

Is it less expensive to run the AC now when the house is 72F
and the
outside temp is still below 60? (taking into account I
don't mind the
house being down to 65 for the first half of the day) Or is
it better
to wait until the house gets above 72F and the outside temp
is 80F?

Whoa! Gotta turn off the ac now, it went down to 64 quite
fast!