Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Get rid of your ladder

On May 9, 3:42*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:

In article .com,
*"Pete C." wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Pete C." wrote
. Just another cutsey solution to a problem that doesn't
exist, designed by someone who has never actually used either a ladder
or a real aerial lift.

You must have missed this part:
Design: Geoff Campbell and Jason Watson of JLG Industries (Australia);

For the people that may have never heard of JLG
Welcome to JLG

JLG Industries, Inc. is the world's leading designer, manufacturer and
marketer of access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio
includes leading brands such as JLG® aerial work platforms; JLG, SkyTrak®
and Lull® telehandlers; and an array of complementary accessories that
increase the versatility and efficiency of these products.

JLG is an Oshkosh Corporation Company [NYSE: OSK].

I didn't miss it, and I've used JLG's "real" products in the past. It
makes no difference to my assessment.

So then JLG, who builds "real" lifts, has "never actually used one?"
Wasn't that your assessment?

As I said, it looks like something designed by a person who has never
used a ladder or a "real" aerial lift. I stand by that assessment,
regardless of who may have designed it.

I found the nuclear power plant account (see their website) interesting:
Used to take six hours to assemble scaffolding to turn a valve on the
ceiling, now it takes five minutes to position this thing. Like I said
before, it isn't a homeowner gadget, and it isn't for all businesses.
But it fills a sizable niche.

I own scaffolding, and I can assure you that I can, working solo,
assemble scaffolding to reach anything that this silly little lift can
reach, in less than 30 minutes. Indeed I have assembled this size
scaffold solo numerous times for other applications.

"I can, working solo, assemble scaffolding to reach anything that
this silly little lift can reach, in less than 30 minutes"

The article (and related video) state 30 *seconds*, not 30 minutes, to
assemble the lift once on site.

I don't know squat about scaffolding, so this is a serious question:

What would said scaffolding weigh and could a solo worker carry it to
the work site in one trip?

This article gives a little more detail about the design theory and
designer:

http://www.constructioncontractor.co...ld/502746.aspx