Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT Someone in Power with BALLS !!!!

On 5/9/2010 1:58 PM, Evodawg wrote:

Screw you, I am a Contractor and the ones Ive dealt with have pride in what
they do. Never seen a white, black or Asian group of workers leave a
perfectly clean environment trashed without the intentions of returning
right away to clean up the mess.
Its obvious you have never been to Mexico. The Beach's are trashed, most of
the homes if thats what you call them have **** everywhere. In order to live
a somewhat normal life in Mexico you better have a 20 foot wall surrounding
you home. Sound familiar, what most Americans want surrounding their
Country! What a CONTRAST.... Wonder why that is?

Indeed, it's like picking up after children on a job site these days.

Certainly not every crew is like that, but enough are to make a strong
generalization based in reality, especially when you do the picking up.

There is no doubt that with the advent of a mostly hispanic work force a
bigger part of my day is spent policing a construction site ... seems
it's mostly based on the cultural mores where you come from, where
picking up your own mess is simply not a part of your upbringing or
considered important ... but working your butt off _is_ important, and
that they do better than most. Although I suspect that some of the mess
is intentional and based on La Raza attitudes.

Hell, I'll begrudge you cleaning up a bit of a mess for a full day of
the kind of work that you won't find most raised in this country doing
cheerfully.

All the above notwithstanding, and here's another generalization for
you: these are some of the most _personally_ clean folks I've ever
worked with.

Ride to the job site with most of a morning, in the confines of a truck
cab, and what you smell is a strong bath soap and clean clothes ... not
something you generally find with some other "cultures", including my
own, that I've had the nose displeasure of working with.

My tuppence, YMMV, FWIW ... but I mostly live the experience daily.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010